Friday, March 04, 2005

[lfc-news] Mellor: Knee op went well - Official Site


Official LFC Website, 4 Mar 2005
MELLOR: KNEE OP WENT WELL
By Mark Platt

Neil Mellor today revealed that his double knee operation was a success
but spoke of his frustration at having his campaign curtailed prematurely.
The striker underwent surgery at a hospital in Bristol on Thursday to
cure tendonitis in both his left and right knee.

He won't play again this season but he's trying to remains as upbeat as
possible and hopes to be fully fit for when pre-season training begins
in July.

"The operation went okay and when I spoke to the surgeon afterwards he
seemed happy. I'm not in that much pain at the moment, which is
surprising, and I'm able to walk on crutches," Mellor told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I've been told to take it easy and just do nothing for the next two
weeks. After that it will just be a case of strengthening the knees
again and then building up my fitness.

"My season is definitely over though, there's no doubt about that. It's
frustrating but to be honest it's a problem that has plagued me since
the summer and I needed to have the operation.

"I'm gutted to be missing out the Champions League because with Nando
ineligible there may have been a chance for me to play. But given the
circumstances it wouldn't have been fair on the club or myself because I
wasn't fit enough.

"If I'd have waited until May for the operation then I would have
probably missed the start of next season. As it is my aim now is to push
on and get myself ready for the start of pre-season training in July."

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/