Wednesday, March 02, 2005

[lfc-news] Baros denies Reds exit talk - PA


PA Sport, 2 Mar 2005
BAROS DENIES REDS EXIT TALK

Liverpool striker Milan Baros has denied he threatened to walk out of
the team hotel after learning he was only a substitute for the Carling
Cup final last weekend and has stressed he is not considering leaving
the club.

Reports had suggested the Czech Republic forward was unhappy at being
overlooked for selection in favour of Harry Kewell at the Millennium
Stadium.

However, Baros said such suggestions were untrue.

"I was disappointed on Sunday because I play football so I can take part
in great matches like this," he said.

"But I didn't argue with anybody. That is nonsense and it is a complete
fabrication that I wanted to leave the Millennium Stadium. I would be
going against myself if I came to such a decision.

"I was only disappointed and that is all. There is nothing more to say.
The whole occasion is finished for me now."

Baros also rejected claims he was planning to quit Anfield.

"I am not thinking about leaving Liverpool right now. Everything is
possible but that is not in my mind at the moment," he told Czech paper
Daily Sport.

"There are still a lot of matches in the season and I have to
concentrate on the games that are ahead of us."

Former Liverpool manager Roy Evans has told Baros to fight his way back
into the first team rather than moan about being left out at Cardiff.

"I wouldn't want any of my players to be happy if they were left out of
a cup final, for sure. Milan is no different," Evans told Sky Sports.

"He has been playing well this season, sometimes on his own up front and
sometimes with Fernando Morientes.

"For Rafa (Benitez) to pick Kewell ahead of him is something of a kick
in the teeth but that is the ups and downs of football. I feel Milan
should get his head down and get himself back into the team."

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/