Friday, March 04, 2005

[lfc-news] Alonso hopeful of playing again this season - Official Site


Official LFC Website, 4 Mar 2005
ALONSO HOPEFUL OF PLAYING AGAIN THIS SEASON
By Mark Platt

Xabi Alonso is hoping to be back in first team action for Liverpool
before the end of the season.
The Spanish midfielder, who broke his ankle in the New Years Day clash
against Chelsea, has spoken of his frustration at being sidelined during
a key stage of the Reds' campaign and how is rehabilitation is coming along.

Initial fears were that his season was over but he remains optimistic
that he'll be back playing again before May.

"It is never a good time to get injured but for it to happen in my first
season here has not helped," says Alonso.

"During your first year at a club it is important to settle down and get
to know your team-mates better and have a lot of games in a row.

"We were at a key point of the season with so many games coming up but
now I cannot help them.

"It is difficult to say at this moment when I will be able to play
again. Everything is going well and I am staying optimistic.

"Thankfully there was no ligament damage as well. The bone had broken
and I had some slight cartilage damage and that is why it is taking a
little more time to heal.

"I am able to walk more or less without crutches. I still have to use
them for some things but I feel more comfortable now.

"I don't know when I can start running again, I will have to speak to
the doctor about that.

"Things are going well and day by day I am improving and getting
stronger. The ankle is feeling much better. Hopefully it will be before
the end of the season."

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Give the gift of life to a sick child.
Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's 'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/