Friday, August 20, 2004

[lfc-news] Stephen Warnock interview - Official Site

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Official LFC Website, 20 Aug 2004
LIVERPOOL V MAN CITY: STEPHEN WARNOCK INTERVIEW
By Paul Eaton

Stephen Warnock reflects on his Premiership debut last weekend and looks
forward to Saturday's Anfield opener with Manchester City.
Stephen Warnock

~ Liverpoolfc.tv: Stephen, how thrilled are you to have made your Liverpool
debut?

Stephen Warnock: It's been a long time coming. I've had a lot of injuries
and been away on loan a lot so to finally play here for the first team was
great.
I wasn't nervous at all because I've been away to America with the lads,
trained with them every day and played in big pre-season matches against
Celtic, Porto and Roma. There will probably be more nerves if I play at
Anfield this weekend but I'm confident in my ability to do well.

~ How do you feel your Premiership debut went at Spurs last week?

I think I did okay. I kept the ball well. It's hard to come on at 1-1 when
people don't really know what you can do. Maybe they weren't expecting a
lot from me because they don't know much about me. Overall though I think I
did well.

~ Were you surprised to finally be given a chance?

Yes. I thought that with there being a new manager there would be a chance
of me getting into the squad a bit more this season but to play first team
football is more than I could have expected really. It's come as a big
bonus to me. Had the previous manager stayed the situation may not have
changed for me.

~ What's your favourite position on the field?

Left back or left midfield at the moment. I'm comfortable with both. Some
players move around the field a lot and it's hard for them when they're not
used to a particular position but because I know where my best position is
I am confident I can match up to any challenge that's given to me in this
league.

~ What's the mood in the camp like ahead of the Man City game?

I think we're quietly confident. We've changed our style of play since last
season and the lads are becoming more and more confident and more
comfortable with what the manager wants from us.It's important we get off
to a good start at home this season and make Anfield a fortress again.

~ What are your personal ambitions for the rest of the season?

I'm not looking at the season as a whole at the moment. I'm just looking at
the next squad and the next game. I'm just going to keep training as hard
as I can and look forward to the next match. If I look too far ahead then I
may start asking too much of myself.


Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/