Wednesday, June 01, 2005

[lfc-news] Didi: I took pen with fractured foot - Official Site

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Official LFC Website, 1 June 2005
DIDI: I TOOK PEN WITH FRACTURED FOOT
By Paul Eaton

Dietmar Hamann has revealed the agony he went through to keep
Liverpool's Champions League dreams on track by taking a penalty against
AC Milan with a fractured right foot.

Hamann netted Liverpool's first penalty in the shoot-out to give the
Reds the advantage after Serginho had blazed Milan's first effort high
over the goal.

But he has astonishingly revealed feeling a pain in his right foot
towards the end of extra time which was later diagonsed as being caused
by a small fracture.

"I can remember when I did it but not how," recalls Didi. "It was about
five minutes from the end of extra time, and this sudden pain told me
there was something wrong.

"I was determined to shake it off, despite the discomfort, and it was
such an unbelievable game to be involved in that running on sheer
adrenaline wasn't so much of a problem.

"By the time I walked up to the penalty spot I'd forgotten about it. All
that mattered was making sure I scored and I can't remember feeling
anything other than elation when my kick went in. I remember the team
doctor putting some ice on it afterwards, but to be fair, we were all
walking on air by then.

"It was only in the following few days that the swelling got worse, and
by the time I showed it to the German team doctor, it had turned blue.
He arranged for a scan and it turns out there was a small fracture."

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/