Saturday, March 26, 2005

[lfc-news] Gerrard: I'm fully committed to LFC - Official Site


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Give the gift of life to a sick child.
Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's 'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Official LFC Website, 26 Mar 2005
GERRARD: I AM FULLY COMMITTED TO LFC
By Steve Hunter

Steven Gerrard has underlined his 100 per cent commitment to Liverpool
and says rumours about a supposedly done deal with Chelsea is just
absolute rubbish.

Gerrard has told fans not to believe everything they read in newspapers
and wants to put the record straight that he has not signed a deal with
any other club and is as committed to Liverpool Football Club as he has
ever been.

The Liverpool captain says the constant speculation about his future
throughout this season has been ridiculous and says he still wants to be
successful with his boyhood team.

In a passionate interview the Liverpool captain wants to reassure fans
that despite what has been written and said elsewhere he wants to help
Rafael Benitez build a successful team.

Gerrard said: "I held a press conference last summer to say I was
staying and the situation hasn't changed since then. I can tell you for
a fact the suggestion I've already made up my mind to leave Liverpool
and I've done a deal to join another club is absolute rubbish. There's
no deal for me to go anywhere and I've not even been thinking about that.

"There has been a lot of rubbish written about me this season and it's
getting ridiculous. There are people out there whom I've never even met
assuming they know what I think.

"Sometimes I feel I'm in a no-win situation. No doubt in Sunday's papers
someone somewhere will misinterpret this but if I say nothing, then
you'll have some fans saying 'Gerrard hasn't denied it, so it must be true'.

"On the one hand I want to put the record straight and let the fans know
they shouldn't believe everything they're hearing about me. On the
other, I know everything I say is being interpreted to mean one thing or
another.

"It gets to the point where you wonder if you should do interviews, but
I've always been honest in everything I've said. If I responded every
time a rumour was printed about me I would spend all my time denying I
had decided to go. How many times do I have to say it?"

Gerrard says he will sit down at the end of the situation and discuss
the future with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez but believes the club
are headingin the right direction.

Gerrard said: "All I've been concentrating on since I decided to stay
last summer was being successful with Liverpool, making sure we qualify
for the Champions League next year and going as far as we can in the
Champions League this year.

"The last thing I want to to do is leave this club because I want us to
be challenging for honours every season. At the end of the season I'll
be sitting down with the manager and talking about the future, but until
then all of us are trying to just focus on doing the best for the club
and making sure we qualify for the Champions League."

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/