Sunday, October 03, 2004

Rafa not too disheartened by defeat - Official Site

Official LFC Website, 3 Oct 2004
RAFA NOT TOO DISHEARTENED BY DEFEAT
By Steve Hunter

Rafael Benitez said there were positives he could take from Liverpool's defeat at Chelsea and felt there were signs from his team that they will start to win away from home soon. The Liverpool manager felt his team were a lot better against Chelsea than their last two away matches.

Benitez said: "In my opinion the last two away games we were bad against Manchester United and Olympiacos. Today we were strong and we had good opportunities. I also felt we controlled the game at times but when you do that you need to score a goal.

"We had a lot of free-kicks in good positions but didn't make the most of them but I felt we were better against a good side in Chelsea. Of our last three away games two of them have been against the best three sides in the Premiership in Arsenal and Manchester United.

"I was happy with the five changes I made and I played Harry up front because I wanted us to keep the ball in attack. I thought Harry played very well.

"We are playing well at home but we need to start winning away from home. The players are working hard in training and maybe in one to two months we will be a lot better."

Responding to a question about Djibril Cisse's displays so far Benitez said: "Sometimes he plays well, other times not so well. He can improve."