Saturday, August 28, 2004

[lfc-news] Rush lands Chester job - Official Site

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Official LFC Website, 28 Aug 2004
RUSH LANDS CHESTER JOB
By Paul Eaton

Liverpool legend Ian Rush has been appointed manager of League Two outfit
Chester City.
Rush, who started his footballing career with Chester, will be introduced
to the crowd before this afternoon's home clash with Darlington after
winning the race to take over from Mark Wright at the Deva Stadium.

He said: "Chester City has always been close to my heart. They gave me a
start as a player and now my management career is starting with them.

"I have learned a lot in the last few years about coaching and I learned so
much in my time on the coaching side at Liverpool, particularly from Gerard
Houllier.

"I have been offered four or five managerial jobs in the past few years,
but now I think is the right time to take a chance. This is the start of a
new era.

"This is an opportunity I couldn't miss. Chester have an excellent chairman
in Stephen Vaughan who is extremely loyal and with his assistance I am sure
we will make progress."

Chairman Vaughan said: "Ian is a high profile apppointment for Chester
City. His illustrious playing career is well chronicled and without doubt
our strikers particularly can only benefit from his appointment.

"He brings with him a wealth of experience and I know our supporters will
be excited by the appointment."


Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/