Thursday, September 15, 2005

[lfc-news] Sinama can be right man for Reds

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Sinama can be right man for Reds - Benitez Sep 15 2005
By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

FLORENT SINAMAPONGOLLE hopes his midweek Champions League performance has
provided Liverpool with an answer to their right sided problems.

The French youngster's claims to the role have the backing of manager Rafa
Benitez following his goal-scoring return against Real Betis.

Sinama struck his first European goal since the famous victory over
Olympiakos in last season's competition, and Benitez says the 20-year-old
can expect to feature in the role more in the months to come.

"We've been looking for different solutions on the right hand side because
we wanted to use Luis Garcia between midfield and attack, where I feel he
played very well on Tuesday," said Benitez.

"Flo has the pace and intelligence to play there. He gives us a good
option. I remember he played in the position very well against Arsenal last
season. He played really well that day, as well as in the first half on
Tuesday.

"There is an opportunity for him to learn the position."

For Sinama, Tuesday's goal was particularly special as it was his first
senior start and goal since recovering from cruciate knee surgery.

"It's the first time I've started a game in the Champions League during my
career so I was very happy to score," said Sinama.

"The manager told me he needed someone to play wide and I've told him this
is a job I want to learn if it means I'll be in the team.

"I'm comfortable there because you get a chance to go one against one with
the defender and I feel I can do well. I can cross and get opportunities to
score.

"Maybe I'm the solution for the right side, but that's for the manager to
decide.

"My last goal in the Champions League was against Olympiakos, so after such
a long injury it means a lot for me to play and score."

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/