Monday, June 13, 2005

[lfc-news] Gerrard: Of course I want to stay - Official Site

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/2_TolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Official LFC Website, 13 June 2005
GERRARD: OF COURSE I WANT TO STAY
By Mark Platt

Steven Gerrard has reiterated his desire to stay at Liverpool and
revealed that he hopes to have his future resolved before the start of
the new season.

Despite winning the Champions League with his hometown club last month
speculation as to where Gerrard will be playing his football next season
has been constant in recent weeks.

But speaking at a Charity Golf event organised by Andy Gray and Gary
McAllister, the Reds skipper has given the clearest indication yet that
he wants to remain a Red.

"There are talks that are going to be happening at the end of June and
beginning of July. The ball is in Liverpool's court now. I'm ready to
talk and waiting for them to give me the nod where and when myself and
my advisers need to be, " he told Sky Sports News.

Then when asked if that meant he would like to stay at Anfield, he
added: "Of course, yes, I've still got two years left. We haven't spoken
about a new contract yet and I don't know how long those talks will go
on for. But the sooner they start the better because I want my future
sorted before the start of the season."

Gerrard also spoke of his excitement about the coming season and the
prospect of changes in the playing personnel at Anfield.

"I'm sure changes will be made," he said. "The manager has said that and
there has been a lot of speculation in the papers, so I am sure new
faces will be added to the squad. Players leaving happens at every club
and I am looking forward to seeing a fresh squad when I link back up."

Following UEFA's decision to allow Liverpool the chance to defend their
Champions League crown Gerrard's season is now due to begin earlier than
expected. But he's welcomed this news and is now setting his sights on
leading the Reds to more silverware.

"UEFA have made the right decision. The competition is called the
Champions League and it's important that the champions are able to
defend their title. It's going to be a long season but I am looking
forward to it. Last season ended on a fantastic note. We won the big one
but that's forgotten about now. We now have to improve in the
Premiership and put more trophies back in the cabinet."

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/