Tuesday, December 28, 2004

[lfc-news] Aimar would love Anfield move - Official Site

Official LFC Website, 28 Dec 2004
AIMAR WOULD LOVE ANFIELD MOVE
By Paul Rogers

Pablo Aimar has revealed he would jump at the opportunity of a January
transfer switch to Liverpool.
Valencia's Argentina international admits he's a huge fan of Rafael
Benitez, his former boss at the Mestalla, and that he'd relish the
chance to work with him again at Anfield.

"This season I'm not happy at Valencia," says the midfielder. "Rafa
Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me very well and Liverpool would
be an ideal place to go if I cannot sort out my future here."

Despite being a regular in Benitez's Valencia side that won a La Liga
and UEFA Cup double last season, Aimar has not figured much this
campaign and added: "I do not understand why I have not been playing.
Ranieri has not told me the reasons but I am obviously not part of his
plans.

"From what I can see, English football is the best in Europe next to
Spain and I do not think I would have a problem adapting to the
Premiership."