Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Fwd: We have a lot to look forward to in 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rafael.benitez@liverpoolfc.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:12:38 GMT
Subject: We have a lot to look forward to in 2005
To: Liverpool FC Fan List


Dear Liverpool supporters,

I think we have improved as the first half of the season has gone on
and I know the supporters are pleased with the football we are
playing. I am sure, as I have said before, that the level of the team
will get higher over the second half of the season and I remain
confident we will finish in the top four.

We are still in all four competitions and so we have a lot to look
forward to as we go into the New Year. I'm not going to make any
predictions but I've said many times that I didn't come to this
country to learn English.

I came here to be successful with this club and that's what we're all
working towards. We'll need some time, but these players have
confidence in themselves and I have confidence in them.

The players have a great mentality, they all want to win trophies and
I am confident we are going into a new year with many reasons to be
positive about the future.

We have two games at home coming up and if we have the same mentality
in those games we can talk about more points. It is important for our
confidence because we want to reduce the gap with the top four and we
have a lot of games in a row now. But we only think about the next
game. It is not important to see the end, it is important to see next
week. It is a happy Christmas for our supporters and ourselves.
Sometimes it is difficult to play against 10 men but we played a good,
wide game and we are very happy.

Regards,

Rafael Benitez
Liverpool Manager