Wednesday, August 10, 2005

[lfc-news] New Anfield deal for Hyypia - PA

PA Sport, 10 Aug 2005
NEW ANFIELD DEAL FOR HYYPIA

Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has agreed a new contract which will keep
him at Anfield in 2008.

Finn Hyypia will sign the new deal on Thursday when he returns from
Liverpool's Champions League qualifier against CSKA Sofia in Bulgaria.

The 32-year-old, who joined Liverpool for £3million from Dutch club
Willem II in 1999, told Liverpool's official website,
www.liverpoolfc.tv: "Obviously I am very, very happy to agree a new
contract with Liverpool.

"We have been talking for a few weeks and I had no hesitation in
committing my future to Rafael Benitez.

"Everybody wants to play for Liverpool at the moment and it is an honour
to say that I will be here for at least another three years.

"I have won every single medal at the club apart from the Premiership
and it would be very nice if I could win that within the next three years.

"This is the greatest football club in the world and after Steven
Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Dietmar Hamann and Djimi Traore all agreed new
deals, I'm delighted to have done the same.

"These are good times for Liverpool and I'd like to repay the faith the
supporters have shown in me by winning more trophies."

Unsubscribe: lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
http://www.lfc-list.org.uk/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lfc-news/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lfc-news-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/