Monday, August 16, 2004

FW: My first taste of life in the Premiership



-----Original Message-----
From: manager@liverpoolfc.tv [mailto:manager@liverpoolfc.tv]
Sent: 16 August 2004 09:28
To: Liverpool FC Fan List
Subject: My first taste of life in the Premiership

Dear Liverpool supporter,

Saturday's match at Tottenham was my first experience of life in the
Premiership and, although I'd have obviously preferred us to hold on for the
win, I must say it was a satisfactory afternoon overall.

The first half was good. We had lots of opportunities and I was very happy.

The second half was more difficult for us because they played more forward
balls and we got tired. When teams play long balls it means you have to go
backwards to recover possession and we got a bit tired doing that.

That's why I took our two strikers off during the second half. I wanted us
to press their defenders more and I thought Cisse and Baros were getting
tired. They will maybe disagree, but my opinion was they were tired.

I thought Cisse did very well on his Premiership debut. He's a good player
with a lot of potential. Hopefully we'll see a lot of good things from him
over the coming weeks and I hope he can score lots of goals.

Regards,

Rafael Benitez
Liverpool Manager